Guess where we just returned from?
Ding, ding, that’s right – good ol’ St. Louis.
It was just a ball of fun I tell ya. Too much fun at times for this fibromyalgia wimp, but the boys could have stayed for days and days more.
I wish I could think of really great entries for each day, but the truth is – my brain is still recovering from fun, fun, fun and listening to Tony & the boys for FIVE DAYS STRAIGHT.
So without further ado, here’s a little bit of days one and two.
- 4 hour drive to St. Louis
- A stop at our family favorite – the Cracker Barell for lunch
- Illinois? It’s flat. Very flat. We feel sorry for them – not too many trees there. Lots & lots of wind.
- We wondered if we would see the leaves changing colors, but umm… .without trees, not much leaves.
- Drove the boys around the Arch & downtown St. Louis. Took them by our old apartment & house from when we lived in St. Charles. Showed them where Tony used to work, visited some of his old neighborhoods where he worked for Schwans, and then drove through downtown historic St. Charles. Very cool section.
- Grabbed a bit to eat and headed back to the hotel room. We actually stayed in Fairview Heights, IL which was considerably cheaper than staying on the MO side and was only 10 minutes away. We actually really liked it there. Super nice people!
- Ahhhh, the St. Louis Zoo. Can I just say that I sooooo appreciate a nice zoo? I do believe that the St. Louis one is one of the top in the nation. It’s definitely an all day experience and could be even more.
- Walking, walking, walking, ride the train, look at animals. See a show. Do some fun neat stuff.
- And it gets even better – there was a Build A Bear RIGHT THERE IN THE ZOO. And I love, love, love Build a Bear. Maybe it has something to do with my inner child or something, but the fact that my six year old loves it too makes it VERY convenient.
- Driving back to the hotel – OH MY ACHING FEET!!!
- But what light through yonder window breaks – HARK, it twas a Ted Drewes Frozen Custard Stand. It’s a St. Louis thing and oh SO yummy! Y’all just have to stop by there if you’re in the St. Louis area.
- And then much to the delight of a certain six-year old, there was some swimming before bedtime. Ahhh, life is good.
Tony & the boys on the train at the zoo
The Sea Lion Show was our FAVORITE!
And then oh sweet joy – Tedd Drewes Frozen Custard.
More to come later….