Merry Christmas!

2010 was full of wonderful memories for us: a trip to Gulf Shores, Joe’s graduation and his graduation trip to Durango, Tony & Nancy’s 20th anniversary trip to Gatlinburg, Joe’s new job, and much more.

Of course, 2010 also had hard times like when our beloved 20 year old horse, Billy, died. But God was with us through it all. And having God “with us” started back on the very first Christmas when Jesus came in a humble manger to be Immanuel, God with us.

“The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel”–which means, “God with us.”  Matthew 1:23

May you all find comfort and joy in having God with us not only at Christmastime, but every day of the year!

~Tony, Nancy, Joe, Jake & Jon

P.S. I ordered these as postcards from Tiny Prints. Very economical! I loved being able to have a short message printed on the back instead of having to include a Christmas letter with normal photo cards and it’s less expensive to mail the postcards too!

18 comments for “Merry Christmas!

1. tina Nahid
    December 21, 2010 at 12:26 AM

Merry Christmas to you too, Nancy! Love you!

2. December 21, 2010 at 7:09 AM

Beautiful card, Nancy!

3. Christa Swanson
    December 22, 2010 at 1:04 PM

Merry Christmas to you and your family! Thank you for your inspiring words–
    May God bless you this Christmas season, and throughout the new year:)

4. Joyanna Eastman
    December 22, 2010 at 1:11 PM

Merry Christmas to you and yours!
    I really look forward to the weekly posts in the homeschool minute each week.
    Thanks for being real with us each week and the support that comes from your column. All the best for a safe, happy, healthy, New Year. God Bless!

5. December 22, 2010 at 2:12 PM

Merry Christmas to you, too!

6. December 22, 2010 at 2:50 PM

Nice card Nancy. I showed it to my husband and boys so they knew “who” you guys are!

7. December 22, 2010 at 3:36 PM

Merry Christmas to your family, and thank you for all of your insights in the Homeschool Minute. I read every one! :)

8. janet
    December 22, 2010 at 4:03 PM

Merry Christmas to you also and a Very Happy New Year

9. Jennifer Rusk
    December 22, 2010 at 5:15 PM

Merry Christmas to your family as well! Happy New Year as well! God Bless and thanks for sharing your ministry. :)

10. Deanna Cox
    December 22, 2010 at 5:28 PM

what a nice card, beautiful family
    and thanks for the article in the email (the o.s.m.)
    it is really good.
    love in Jesus name, Deanna

11. Becky Dalton
    December 23, 2010 at 12:05 AM

Nancy I wanted to say thank you for posting your Christmas letter early Tue morning. Me and my husband are going through a rough time right now and remembering all the things that Jesus is to me encouraged my heart so much. I pray you have a blessed Christmas with your beautiful family.

Your sister in Christ
    Becky Dalton

12. Michelle Rainey
    December 23, 2010 at 12:10 AM

Thanks so much for the reminder that Jesus is Emmanuel, God with us! I know this in my head, but I often forget that He is with us even in the little things that seem big to us.
    Merry Christmas!

13. lori franklin
    December 23, 2010 at 7:55 AM

Merry Christmas!
    Thank you – I love Old Schoolhouse Magazine, and look forward to Homeschool Minutes popping up in my inbox! Appreciated what your Merry Christmas article.
    My encouragement this year is “Look not back to the manger, but to coming of our KING OF KING AND LORD OF LORDS!”.
    Revelation 19 “And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS. ”

Merry Christmas and thank you again for your work that encourages and inspires me!
    Lori Franklin
    Homeschool Mama of Four

14. Jody Terrell
    December 23, 2010 at 11:14 AM

Beautiful card, Nancy! Thank you so much for all your encouragement through the last few years. Merry Christmas to you and all your boys! (Tony too :) Love that picture of the two of you!)

15. December 25, 2010 at 2:02 PM

Merry Christmas to you too Nancy! Thank you so much for all you do to encourage us on our homeschool journey and on our spiritual journey. May you have a wonderful Christmas season as you continue to reflect on the awesomeness of our God! Happy New Year to you and your family as well. I really appreciate all you do with TOS. I always look forward to the magazines and the e-mails.

16. January 6, 2011 at 2:44 AM

LOVE your info and encouragement!!!!–homeschooling mommy to 5 and certified teacher also.

• January 14, 2011 at 12:48 AM

Thanks, Jalana! So neat to meet another former teacher turned homeschool mom. :O) I’ll have to visit your blog.